Excerpted from Louisville Magazine:
Not surprisingly, whoever is the current mayor has been number one each time except 1996 — when Jones edged out Abramson. Mayor Greg Fischer is in the top spot this go-round, as he was in 2011. If you narrow the time frame to the last 10 years, you fnd a few other names that make regular appearances near the top of the list, most notably U.S. Rep. John Yarmuth, U of L president James Ramsey, Yum! Brands CEO David Novak, Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter and businessman Jonathan Blue. And put a bullet next to U of L athletic director Tom Jurich, who first appeared at number 26 on the 2011 list and shot up to number six this year.
And so, without further ado, we present the 2014 Power 50…
1. Greg Fischer, Mayor of Louisville
2. James Ramsey, President, University of Louisville
3. David Jones Sr., Co-founder and Chairman Emeritus, Humana
4. Ed Glasscock, Chairman Emeritus, Frost Brown Todd
5. John Yarmuth, U.S. Representative
6. Tom Jurich, Athletic Director, University of Louisville
7. Jonathan Blue, Chairman and Managing Director, Blue Equity
8. David Jones Jr., Chairman, Chrysalis Ventures; Jefferson County Board of Education Member
9. (tie) Kent Oyler, President and CEO, Greater Louisville Inc.
9. (tie) Kevin Cosby, Senior Pastor, St. Stephen Church